Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Blog 3


Lady Gaga is the first artist I chose. She appeals to me because not only does she always out-do every other artist out there with her fashion, but she always out does herself as well. Her fashion is inspiring because she always takes a huge leap with it, she rocks everything she wears and looks so confident and comfortable in everything. I always wonder how she comes up with these ideas, or if they are even hers? I wonder how she got so interested in wearing these outfits and why? My big idea is about being unique..and I think that she always expresses that. She is almost too unique that her fans will now continually expect that from her, which I find very interesting. Is she unique to the point where it almost doesn't make her unique anymore? She will inspire my final project because she will make me explore the idea of having your uniqueness bring you to point where expressing your individuality makes you feel like an outcast and worse than you did when you were uncomfortable with blending in. Blurring/Smudging is a component I definitely plan on using in my project.
Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Wesbite




















 The digital artist I chose is Liu Zheng also known as 96k. This artist appeals to me because it is like the Lady Gaga version in photoshop. Again these women are showing uniqueness through manipulations. I appreciate what the artist did in order to change these women into something "different". This gives me different ideas to use in my project such as colors, selections using multiple images, and pieced it together to form a unified picture. I wonder why the artist finds interest in making images likes this and where the artist finds inspiration. And why are the images mostly women? I hope that my final project will turn out as cohesive as these images.
Liu Zheng










2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about Lady Gaga! Her outfits are so outrageous, but she really does rock them. She is like the new person to watch for upcoming fashion trends. Did you see her outfit at the grammy's? It was crazy! But as always she looked stunner! Everything about her is just new, unique, fun, and just awesome! Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how Lady Gaga goes so well with those two images you chose. Gaga is able to do something that most artists can't, and that is to stay original. That's what makes her so great, and Liu Zheng looks pretty original as well. I've never seen that kind of artwork done before, although it does remind me of Justin Maller's work with female figures.

    ReplyDelete