Monday, January 24, 2011

BIG IDEAS WARM UP

Cruelty
When I think of cruelty the first thing that comes to mind is hatred and hurt. The next thing that comes to mind is animal cruelty. I have watched many different shows on TV displaying animal cruelty. I just can't come to terms with people who do that. It is so awful and all on little animals that are helpless and rely on us humans to provide them with everything they deserve. I also think of people who say "that's so cruel" however, usually I feel like when the word is used in a sentence like that the word is taken more lightly than it should.

Discipline
When I think of discipline the first the thing that comes to mind is a mom and a little child and the little child being sent to time-out. But if you actually think about discipline there are so many different forms. When I was in 5th grade if you were ever late or did something wrong you would receive a little pink slip of paper that was called a referral. Too many referrals would be linked with an after school detention. In addition, there is discipline when you are an adult too...maybe you are asked to take off work for a few weeks if you got heated at a meeting?

Chaos
Chaos reminds me of a party or just craziness. Something that is just nuts that wouldn't normally happen. I like the word itself but dont really like the ideas behind the word. I think that is why I probably chose it. But I view chaos in a positive light, I don't think a bad day when I think chaos I think fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment