Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Blog 5

1) I really learned how to make more advanced selections and have greatly understood the concept of layers. When understanding this basic information you can do a whole lot more with photoshop and makes everything so much easier. I am proud of how far I have come since the first day of class.

2) The most challenging learning experience in Photoshop was on my final when I worked with animation a little bit. I have never seen animation before in Photoshop nor have I ever worked with it. Surprisingly, it was much easier than I thought, but I am very happy that I challenged myself with it and was able to do it. Masks were something that I found very difficult and confusing. It was very hard for me to grasp the concept of it in general. Now, not only do I understand how they work but I am also able to easily integrate them into my work.

3) The very first quiz we did (magazine cover) I was not focusing on making a cohesive picture, rather I was focusing on the technique itself and making sure I did everything just to get all of the points. I was unable to think outside of the box as I had not had any experience with any other tools on Photoshop besides what we had learned up to that point. Therefore, it was challenging for me to even think to change the font, use different layer properties, add masks, etc. I look at it now and just see so much more opportunity with it! On the last quiz (movie poster) not only was I focusing on getting all the points, but also I enjoyed re-working the image and using all the techniques I now know to make a movie poster that could actually be used! I was able to re-work the color completely, add images, change the fonts, etc. It was a really fun process for me. It was definitely one of my favorite projects as it incorporated technique and visual creativity.

QUIZ 1                                                                                        





















QUIZ 4

1 comment:

  1. I really like this post, it really shows how far you've come with your photoshop skills. I remember the first time I saw that magazine cover, I thought it was real. I was thinking to myself "Wait, the New Yorker doesn't do articles about that kind of thing..." ha. You've come a long way, and it's great to see that you can do anything you set your mind to.

    ReplyDelete